Dual monitor & AMD 7470

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dual monitor & AMD 7470

This question is answered

I have an optiplex 9010 with an AMD RADEON HD 7470 graphics card. I am trying to run two (dell-1908 & 1905) monitors with an extended screen (one large desktop running across the two monitors). Is this possible? If so, What hardware do I need?

The AMD 7470 appears to have a single  DVI-I female port that does not fit the dual monitor splitter I have used in the past. I had tried a DVI-I toVGAx2 splitter that simply mirrored the screens, but did not extend them. Help.

Verified Answer
  • Have you tried using the Displayport for the 2nd signal (you need a displayport to dvi adapter for that).

All Replies
  • Hi jaf32x,

Have you checked the CCC to determine how to switch between mirrored and extended display?

• Thanks for responding.

When I had the DVI-VGA splitter cable installed, it would not recognize a second monitor at all (even though I got a mirrored image). I read somewhere online that the cable I had only supported mirroring. So I suspect the issue is not with CCC. First, I think I need to know what hardware (cable) if any allows me to attach my two monitors and allows using an extended screen from the video card's DVI-i male port.

My colleagues who have dual monitors working have the AMD 6350 that has an MDS 59 port. I have tons of splitter cables that go from that kind of port to two VGA or DVI connected monitors.

• Have you tried using the Displayport for the 2nd signal (you need a displayport to dvi adapter for that).

• Yes. this worked.