Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

This question is answered

Hi, I updated my computer to Windows 7 home and now my Resolution only has 640x480 I have a dell dimension 1100/b110. model is DE051.. please help if you can.

Verified Answer
  • Hi mim3800,

Welcome to the Community.

Dell Dimension DE051 is not supported for Wndows 7.

I would suggest you to install Windows XP driver which may help you. Download the driver by clicking the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/XFs7BK

Run the installer so it extracts to C:\Dell\Drivers

Highlight video device (an audio device is selected here as an example) that doesn't have a driver. For video it may just say generic video.

Right click the device and select update driver software.

Browse your computer for the driver software (C:\Dell\Drivers).

Also, you may try to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Extract the driver and from the location right click setup > properties > compatibility > Windows Xp > Save it.

Once the settings are saved, right click setup > run as administrator > install > restart.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards
    Manshu S
    #iworkfordell

All Replies
  • Hi mim3800,

Welcome to the Community.

Dell Dimension DE051 is not supported for Wndows 7.

I would suggest you to install Windows XP driver which may help you. Download the driver by clicking the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/XFs7BK

Run the installer so it extracts to C:\Dell\Drivers

Highlight video device (an audio device is selected here as an example) that doesn't have a driver. For video it may just say generic video.

Right click the device and select update driver software.

Browse your computer for the driver software (C:\Dell\Drivers).

Also, you may try to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Extract the driver and from the location right click setup > properties > compatibility > Windows Xp > Save it.

Once the settings are saved, right click setup > run as administrator > install > restart.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards
    Manshu S
    #iworkfordell

• Thank you so much!!! it works now :)

• Note that the old Intel integrated graphics aren't DirectX 9-compatible, so you won't get all the features of the Windows 7 user experience..

The way around this is to install a discrete PCI video card like the Sparkle 8400GS PCI or Zotac GT 610 PCI.

• Hi mim3800,

I am glad to be of assistance.

I agree with rdunnill, integrated graphics aren't DirectX 9 compatible and features such as Aero may not work. I would suggest you to install a discrete PCI video card to enable all the features.

Thanks & Regards
    Manshu S
    #iworkfordell