Inspiron 620s - Graphics Card Upgrade - Video - Desktop - Dell Community

Inspiron 620s - Graphics Card Upgrade

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 620s - Graphics Card Upgrade

This question has been answered by rdunnill

I am in need of a video upgrade to power the 3 monitors (Eyefinity) for my new Saitek Flight Simulator setup. I have a 620s i5-2320 CPU @ 3.0 GHz 6 GB RAM Win 7 (x64). I will obviously need a graphics card upgrade (low profile) to power this. I am not even sure that this i5 will provide the processing power to run this configuration. An additional note is that I have a 14 year old who is an  avid gamer and am sure he will be staking a claim on this video array in short order. Am I doomed to just looking towards a new system to accomodate his gaming too.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Inthelbc,

The graphic card options in the Inspiron 620s are:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT420
    AMD Radeon HD 6450
    AMD Radeon HD 6670

These cards are tested to run with the Inspiron 620s and the AMD Radeon HD 6670 supports Eyefinity technology. Based on the system specifications you have mentioned I am certain this video card will work great with the i5 processor and also power supply upgrade is not required.

The external connectors on the AMD Radeon HD 6670 are as follows:
    1. DisplayPort
    2. VGA
    3. DVI-D

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

• This Sapphire card supports three monitors: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

The 7750 is about as powerful as low profile gaming cards get.

All Replies
  • Hi Inthelbc,

The graphic card options in the Inspiron 620s are:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT420
    AMD Radeon HD 6450
    AMD Radeon HD 6670

These cards are tested to run with the Inspiron 620s and the AMD Radeon HD 6670 supports Eyefinity technology. Based on the system specifications you have mentioned I am certain this video card will work great with the i5 processor and also power supply upgrade is not required.

The external connectors on the AMD Radeon HD 6670 are as follows:
    1. DisplayPort
    2. VGA
    3. DVI-D

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

• This Sapphire card supports three monitors: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

The 7750 is about as powerful as low profile gaming cards get.

• I have two 620 i3.  Put 430w ps in one with Radeon HD6670.  disabled video in system settings, rebooted and all went well with adding drivers.  Did the same thing in the other one and the fan powers, but nothing as far as video.  On the second computer I also went into bios and selected Auto for detecting video after failed attempts.  Any ideas?  Also tried putting the first card in the second computer to see if the card was defective.  Nothing.