FINDING FACTORY RESTORE WITH INSPIRON 530

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

FINDING FACTORY RESTORE WITH INSPIRON 530

This question is not answered

I have an Inspiron 530 desk top PC with windows vista which I am getting to the stage where I may need to reset to factory settings. However, I when use F8 it does not bring up an option to repair the PC. Is there anyother way to find/access the factory restore option or will have to re-instal from CD?

All Replies
  • Did the PC come with Vista originally?  If it originally came with XP and was upgraded to Vista the restore is no longer valid.  

Here is a note from the Dell instructions, make sure you are Pressing F8 at the correct point:

"You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen."

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Thanks for the reponse. The PC came with VISTA originally. I can bring up the Advanced Boot options, but it does not display the repair option and therefore I can not access the factory reset this way.

• DELL Vista Factory Restore

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003