* The Dell AMD HD5450 and HD5670 come in various flavors. We sell the card with VGA/DVI/DP ports and VGA/DVI/HDMI ports. The video card with DP (DisplayPort) is able to use the Eyefinity in order to drive 3 displays at once. The video card with HDMI is not able to use Eyefinity in order to drive 3 displays at once.
* Ati Eyefinity Technology is closely aligned with AMD’s implementation of DisplayPort providing the flexibility and upgradability that modern user’s demand. Up to two DVI, DP, or VGA display outputs can be combined for a total of up to six monitors, depending on the graphics card configuration and the operating system. Wider display connectivity is possible by using display output adapters that support active translation from DisplayPort to DVI or VGA
* Ati Eyefinity may not show as an option on systems configured with Radeon 5870 graphics cards. This happens on systems that are not using the ATI Catalyst driver version 8.66 or higher
* For general information on Eyefinity, go here* Equipment Needed for a three monitor eyefinity setup1) AMD compatible graphics card (listed above).2) Compatible monitors3) DP (Display port) cable (At least 1 monitor must be connected using display port)4) Mini-display port to display-port adapter (only if using a 5970) (Dell VHGFF)5) Two DVI-D cables if using a 5970, or any combination of two DVI-D cables or one HDMI and one DVI-D if using a 5770 or a 5870 graphics card
* Possible ConfigurationsDVI-DVI-DP = DVI, DVI, DP, HDMI disabledDVI-DVI-DVI = DVI, DVI, DP to DVI adapter, HDMI disabledDVI-HDMI-DP = DVI, DVI disabled, DP, HDMIDVI-VGA-DP = DVI, DVI to VGA adapter, DP, HDMI disabledVGA-VGA-VGA = DVI to VGA adapter, DVI to VGA adapter, DP to VGA adapter, HDMI disabledDVI-VGA-HDMI = DVI, DVI disabled, DP to VGA adapter, HDMI
Liaison (Desktops, Alienware, Monitors). Forum Moderator