Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop Has Vertical Line in Center of LCD

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop Has Vertical Line in Center of LCD

This question is not answered

Hi,

I have got a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop.

I had this problem a year ago, Dell replaced the LCD free of charge since my pc met the LCD recall requiremnts.

Now I have got this problem happened again after about 15 month,  It seesm that the LCD I got Dell replaced last time has the same defects.

can someboday tell me what I should do this time?

Thanks for your help. 

All Replies
  • That's interesting because I had the same thing happen. Dell replaced my LCD because of the vertical line issues (a well documented and known issue) 2 yrs after I bought the computer. And guess what? They replaced it with the SAME J9662 LCD screen that had been recalled or defective or whatever... and guess what else? It failed again! But this time I'm outside of the warranty... but does this make any sense? Dell replaces a known defective LCD screen with the exact same part # only to have it fail when the customer is outside of the warranty window?!? I called Dell and they don't want to replace it even though it's a known defective LCD screen replaced by an identical known defective LCD screen. Call me crazy but that seems just wrong.

Any suggestions?

• there seems to be only exactly one such type of display - thus you will get always the same thing. (getting something else is not a replacement but an exchange for something different)

in some countrys warranty gets restarted on parts that have seen a replacement. its not bound to the bills date but encourages dealers to provide solid goods that last sufficiently long.