Dell Dimension 4600, Graphics Card, replacing Nvidia GeForce FX5600 with ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Dimension 4600, Graphics Card, replacing Nvidia GeForce FX5600 with ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

This question is answered

I'm trying to replace my Nvidia GeForce FX5600 with a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

and doesn't seem to be going well, When i booted it up using DVI the monitor didn't light up, i tried using the VGA, and all i got was a screen with lines through it.

mobo just not recognizing it or something, I do have the CD which probably has the drivers on it. Is it compatible with my mobo, am I doing something wrong, Help please.

Verified Answer
  • ok i figured it out, im dumb, seems i needed to connect a 4-pin power adapter that was suppose to come with it but didn't, problem solved and thanks for replies

All Replies
  • kyojoku

I'm trying to replace my Nvidia GeForce FX5600 with a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

and doesn't seem to be going well, When i booted it up using DVI the monitor didn't light up, i tried using the VGA, and all i got was a screen with lines through it.

mobo just not recognizing it or something, I do have the CD which probably has the drivers on it. Is it compatible with my mobo, am I doing something wrong, Help please.

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I, too, am looking for the correct video card to upgrade to. Hope you get an answer soon. I would even like to have one like you're replacing. :) Hope we get answers soon.

• I'd suggest something more modern like a 3650 or 4650.

• ok i figured it out, im dumb, seems i needed to connect a 4-pin power adapter that was suppose to come with it but didn't, problem solved and thanks for replies