How to disable integrated card with Dell E521

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How to disable integrated card with Dell E521

• What's the process for disabling the integrated card on  a E521?
    Would be putting in a Geforce 7600GS in the pci-e16 slot.
  • I am not familiar with the E521 but on most computers you will usually disable it in your System Bios.  If not you can disable them in your Device Manager.  Go to start and right click on My Computer.  Go to properties and click on the Hardware tab.  Click on Device Manager and then click on the plus sign next to Display adaptors.  Right click on the integrated graphics and choose disable.  
    • Dell Dimension 4600, P4 2.66 GHZ, 320GB SATA HD, Nvidia 6200, Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    • Dell Optiplex GX280, P4 3.2 GHZ, 80GB SATA HD, Windows XP 32-bit
    • Dell Inspiron 530, Q6600 Quad, 500GB HD, Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    • Custom Build, Q6600 Quad, (2) 500GB SATA HDs, 4GB Ram, EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC, Corsair 650TX PSU, DVD RW, DVD Blu-ray, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

• Most Dells give only the choice of "Onboard" or "Automatic".  Your service guide may be found here:

Look under the heading of "System Setup".  To use the add on card this guide states that you should select "Automatic", which also happens to be the default selection.

Dell Forum member since 2005

• You have to do that in system BIOS before the pc boots into Windows. Hit f2 to go into BIOS.Usually that is the key used to get there.Once there you should see a sub-menu for integrated stuff such as video,lan,sound and so on.Read the menu keys and disable or enable as you se fit. I personally have a Geforce 7900GS in my Dell E521 and it screams! As in wicked fast ! !