Forums

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

XPS 630i + 64 bit OS = No Crossfire?

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello

I received my new XPS 630i with dual 3870s last week. Is there a way to enable crossfire with 64 bit Windows? or is this PC going back to Dell? :) I've tried all the latest firmwares, drivers but am having no luck so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

All Replies
  • Dude im having the same problem dell told me to wait for a windows7 service pack... im just going back to vista till they fix this i cant play my games with 1 card

believe me ive tried everything to get this to work

• I just spent few hours trying to get crossfire working and managed to get it working. Only problem is that after I updated the driver, CCC (Catalyst Control Center) no longer able to open.

What I did:

1. Remove both card drivers that Windows 7 installed.

2. Install Vista version of HD 3870 driver (can be found on Driver & Download section).

3. Check the crossfire in CCC

4. Restart the PC

5. be sure the crossfire is still checked - update the drivers (not CCC!) in Device Manager (just right+click ATI Radeon HD 3870)

6. Restart the PC

That's when you cannot get CCC back up, but the crossfire seems to work. I checked my iRacing's FPS and it's currently at 80's FPS instead of 30's to 40's. I cannot guarantee it will work on your PC…

I guess this is the best temporary solution I can take – just till Windows 7 Service Package 1 releases as elpuertosaurus mentioned above.

(By the way, I have XPS 630i with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit)