Multiple entries for display adapter and plug and play monitor in Device Manager

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Multiple entries for display adapter and plug and play monitor in Device Manager

• On a couple of PC's I have looked at recently there are multiple entries in device manager.  In device manager under display adapter, I see the same identical Intel adapter listed twice.  Under monitor, I see plug and play monitor listed 3 times.  Can someone tell me why this happens?  Should I remove the redundant items?

• rtaaron wrote:
    On a couple of PC's I have looked at recently there are multiple entries in device manager.  In device manager under display adapter, I see the same identical Intel adapter listed twice.  Under monitor, I see plug and play monitor listed 3 times.  Can someone tell me why this happens?  Should I remove the redundant items?

Video cards typically have two ports, analog and/or dvi that show up as primary and secondary displays.

Even if you use just one monitor, no harm is done.  If you delete them, they will just reinstall themselves when you boot up your computer.  So leave them alone.

Good Luck
    Dale