Bios Ver. A04 for Optiplex GX270.

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Bios Ver. A04 for Optiplex GX270.

• Is possible to know when new A04 bios versions for Otiplex GX270 is avaible, I needed it because my Linux Install CD start on framebuffer mode and on a GX270 A03 Bios this mode not function because a bug on this version not really setting a memory on video card more than one MB.

Please tell me when new A04 bios versions for Otiplex GX270 is avaible because I must order over 50 GX270 for installing my software management.

Thanks.

• If you register on the main Dell support site, support.dell.com, you can subscribe to file watch for a particular computer model and the site will email you when new files are made available

• Charlix wrote:

Is possible to know when new A04 bios versions for Otiplex GX270 is avaible, I needed it because my Linux Install CD start on framebuffer mode and on a GX270 A03 Bios this mode not function because a bug on this version not really setting a memory on video card more than one MB.

Please tell me when new A04 bios versions for Otiplex GX270 is avaible because I must order over 50 GX270 for installing my software management.

Thanks.

Release Title:  BIOS: Dell OptiPlex System BIOS, English, OptiPlex GX270 / GX270N, A03

Release Date:  11/12/2003

Category:  FlashBIOS Updates

http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Format.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=DHS&Category=1&OS=NAA&OSL=EN&SvcTag=&SysID=PLX_PNT_CEL_GX270&DeviceID=162&Type=&ReleaseID=R68527

ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/GX270A01.EXE
    ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/GX270A02.EXE
    ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/GX270A03.EXE

So I guess when

ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/GX270A04.EXE 

is a valid link then you have it.  However the 270 bios has not been updated in months.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• In A03 go to your Integrated Devices and change your Onboard Video Buffer from 1MB to 8MB
  • Thanks of your suggestion rick but as I have already tried on the A03 BIOS version this change doesn't have effect because the amount of memory of the video card remains less than one MB for the Linux in FrameBuffer mode.

The question is always the same for our friend of DELL, when the version A04 of the BIOS will be available ??

Thanks.

Charlix

• Try and downgrade to A02 (SpeedStep linked it) or try and use this patch:

http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/855patch.html

• Oh.. and you still need to change your Onboard Video Buffer from 1MB to 8MB if you downgrade to A02 (or A01).
  • Thanks of your replay rick but your first solution its non applicable because kill the mainboard, second solution non solve the problem because my Linux CD start on framebuffer mode (splash screen) and later start XFree with or without patch.

The question is always the same for our friend of DELL, when the version A04 of the BIOS will be available ??

Thanks.

Charlix