How do I restore my computer to an earlier date?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How do I restore my computer to an earlier date?

• I recently installed a scanner. On December 24, somtime after 10:00 A.M. I was experimenting with a photograph. During that scan I lost a good bit of space on my "C" drive. It was previously between 12-13 GB free space and went down to between 9-10 GB free space. How do I restore my computer to approximately 8:00 A.M. on December 24???
    I tried to follow instructions on the computer but had no success. Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

Anna Priest

• (1)Enter MS-DOS (2)At the command prompt, type: "scanreg /restore" without quotation marks and with a space between the g and the /.(3)Select one of the five dates.

<> <>>

• AnnaPriest,

If you are running Windows ME and have kept up to date with all of the Windows Critical Updates, then you can use System Restore - go to Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore. When you run this, you should be able to choose a date and time and restore your system to that date and time. Note, however, that any data you have added to your hard drive will still be there. System Restore will only restore Windows and installed programs to the state they were in on the restore date. If the lost disk space is due to a large file that you created during during scanning or running photoshop, those large files will still be there.

Steve

• Go here for detailed instuctions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q267951

Happy Holidays To All

creeper

Dell Dim.l866r
    Windows Me
    Intel Pentium III
    864 Mhz
    384 MB SDram
    IE 5.5 SP2
    NAV 2001