Inspiron One 2330 will not start - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Inspiron One 2330 will not start

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron One 2330 will not start

This question is not answered

I have a 2014 Inspiron One 2330

It will not start, The fans run the screen becomes a light grey but the PC  does not get to the dell logo or BIOS.

The screen works If I press the screen settings button it displays the setting graphics.

The dell help desk diagnosed it as motherboard failure.

I have replaced the motherboard with no change it does exactly the same thing as before.

If I  remove the RAM beeps away but no change to the grey screen?

The PC has run perfectly for 3 years. No hardware modifications running on windows 10.

I have undertaken the power off reset procedures no change.

Any ideas?

All Replies
  • Could be any number of different parts: Converter board, I/O board, or even the LCD itself.

Since you've already replaced the motherboard, you'll have to decide how much more $$ and time you want to put into fixing it vs. putting that money toward a new system. If your personal files aren't backed up on external media, you could install that HDD in an external drive enclosure that connects to another PC via USB to rescue your files.

You might try clearing BIOS by powering off and pressing/holding power button for ~15 sec. Then open case and remove motherboard battery and press/hold power button for ~30 sec. Reinstall the battery, close up and see if it boots...

If this answers your question, please click  Yes

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee

• Some additional testing.

I cleared the CMOS buy moving the internal jumpers as per the dell instruction manual

I can run the screen via a different PC.

If I pull the RAM out one beep, swap them around use 1 or 2 no change.

Pull the battery out power off wait couple of minute start up I get 5 beeps. same old grey screen . However I got the little windows dots going around in circles for a while. only once.

Tested the power pack with the self test button I get it has a green light.

I am stumped. I have ordered a new power pack.

If this does not work out comes the HD I will either install into a new PC or transfer the data across.  

• All that makes it sound like the LCD isn't getting a video signal, which might suggest the converter board.

CAVEAT: I'm only making a suggestion based on what you've said, and there's no guarantee that I'm right.  So if the new power pack doesn't help, maybe it's time to ask Santa for a new PC.

Post back and let us know if the new power pack solves the problem or not...

If this answers your question, please click  Yes

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee