Inspiron 20-3052, Bios update, computer will not do anything - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Inspiron 20-3052, Bios update, computer will not do anything

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 20-3052, Bios update, computer will not do anything

This question has suggested answer(s)

So I upgraded my bios because the dell update assistant said I had an update. So now my Dell Inspiron 20 model 3052 will not do anything. The power light comes on and that is it. It stays orange. I have downloaded the iso for it. But even the repair disk isn't working. I have no idea what to even do.

All Replies
  • not again!!??? now i have 4 of these i3052 infront of me with amber light after bios update. This is very frustrating.  can USB bios disk fix it?

• I agree with tbaba - Has anyone attempted to use a flash BIOS update from a thumb drive?  Many times you can downgrade the BIOS using this method, depending of course on whether you security settings in the BIOS allow for it.  My apologies if I missed someone trying this already.

• Following tbaba's advice, did anyone attempt to Flash downgrade the BIOS via a USB drive?  I apologize if I missed someone's attempt earlier in this thread.  Can anyone even get to the BIOS screen for that matter?

• I just shipped mine in yesterday but had to pay $173. I'm hoping to get it back ASAP. I'm relying on my iPhone & a 10 year old laptop in the meantime. It bites :-(

• I am having this issue on 10 of our Dell Inspiron 3052's.

You can not get to the F2 screen or any Bios load screen... it dies after the bios update, which I may add was automatic!  If you have the update Bios option... DON'T DO IT!

Talk about a big issue... Tech Support 48 hours to let me know what they will do about this issue.

-Kindle

• I'm a computer technician and a customer brought Inspiron with the exact same issue, he's out of warranty but as of last week his computer was running great until the dell update program auto installed this bios update for him. e's understandably upset and we're waiting on a reply from dell.

• Barry6482, my warranty ended in Feb.  They say that it had ended, but said since they had been getting so many calls on the issue they would do it at no cost.  I have to send in the whole computer and they are doing to work.  He said they would only replace the motherboard.  If the computer had any other issues, I would have to address them myself.

• This is outright nonsense.  Why would you have to pay?  I heard about this once off out of warranty replacement they do for systems damage as a result of dell updates.  Is there anyway we can flash the bios eeprom chip or copy bios from a working system?

• Hey Lawoakhill. That's great news. You've faired better than anyone else on this thread. Would you mind sharing what number you called and who you talked to.

• Merlins Beard and tbaba, I don't know if it was this thread, but it was said that the BIOS initializes USB deevices later in the boot process; after the computer hangs. So unfortunately, no USB input is detected.

• Besides the fact that dell broke it and they should be responsible for fixing it, this is a possibility.

www.ebay.com/.../142059634333

• Could it have been a fake update from Ransomware? it hit my PC the say way this weekend, same model also, in the same way, PC doesn't work, red light on power button...

• Dell has released a new version of the BIOS update not containing the error that caused this mess. Now, if only we had some way of jump-starting our computers, we could install it. www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

• Well, I see I am not alone. Inspiron 20 3052 notified me of an update so I clicked install. Had a lot of hang time on the black Dell boot up screen & that's the last time it worked. I know enough about computers to figure out that it had to be the bios. So I already did what is recommended here by taking out the battery to reset it. Left the battery out for 24 hours held in the power button to make sure it all the power was drained still not working. Awfully convenient that my warranty ran out in February and now I have a huge paper weight. Thanks Dell.

• Well, I see I am not alone. Inspiron 20 3052 notified me of an update so I clicked install. Had a lot of hang time on the black Dell boot up screen & that's the last time it worked. I know enough about computers to figure out that it had to be the bios. So I already did what is recommended here by taking out the battery to reset it. Left the battery out for 24 hours held in the power button to make sure it all the power was drained still not working. Awfully convenient that my warranty ran out in February and now I have a huge paper wait. Thank you though