Brand new Inspiron 660 has no power

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Brand new Inspiron 660 has no power

This question is not answered

I've had it out of the box for less than 4 hours. It was on and I clicked the Macafee icon and it immediately died and wont come back on. The power cord is secure.  I don't feel like I should be having to take apart a machine that is brand spanking new. 

All Replies
  • Hi Bbbccc,

I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the system:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
    • Disconnect the power cable.
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.

You may try to swap the power cable of the system tower with the monitor and check if that makes any difference.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• That didn't work. A green light on the back of the machine comes on briefly when I reconnect the power cord but the machine will not turn on. 

• Bbbccc

I've had it out of the box for less than 4 hours. It was on and I clicked the Macafee icon and it immediately died and wont come back on. The power cord is secure.  I don't feel like I should be having to take apart a machine that is brand spanking new. 

Bbbccc
    First open the case and check all the power and data cables are properly connected, by removing and reseating them, in case a cable was dislodged during shipping.

No difference, as this is a brand new computer, best to contact Dell Customer Service ASAP, about the issues.

Bev. 

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Hi Bbbccc,

Please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may access your records and check for further course of action.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here