How to remove panel

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How to remove panel

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop computer.  I want to know how to remove the side panel, so I can install a video card.  I also need to know what form factor the power supply is, I will also be upgrading it to.  Thanks in advance Paul

All Replies
  • goldminer1849

The Dell Inspiron 660 Mini Tower can use generic standard ATX power supply units, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin main motherboard power connector, with or without the on/off switch.

You should be able to buy a compatible power supply from either a local or online computer store.

Note: You require a power supply with four SATA power connectors.

The instructions for removing  and replacing the Inspiron 660 MT side panel/cover, are here:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-660_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Which Card you can use will depend on how wide and tall it is.  If you have a 660S you are very limited in which cards fit and they must be

LOW PROFILE. The 660 Mini tower can only take single wide cards. 

Removing the Computer Cover

NOTE: Ensure that you remove the padlock from the padlock rings, if applicable.

1 Lay the computer on its side with the computer cover facing up.

2 Using a screwdriver, remove the screws that secure the computer cover to

the chassis.

3 Release the computer cover by sliding it away from the front of the

computer.

4 Lift the cover away from the computer and set it aside in a secure location.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.