I think my computer thinks i have 2 monitors?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

I think my computer thinks i have 2 monitors?

This question is not answered

I get a black screen after the windows logo after booting up my computer and i have to wait like 1 or 2 minutes for my pc to load (I formatted my PC today and thought it was going to fix it but it didnt)

I have a dell optiplex 745 (Desktop version) and my GPU is Radeon HD 6570 Low profile

When i right clicked the tray icon this appeared:
http://i.imgur.com/Ud32wTM.png

there are 2 AMD radeon hd 6570 so i'm wondering if my computer thinks i have dual monitors and thats why i get the black screen after the windows logo

I also used wise care to determine the time my pc needs to load and it said it loads in 21 seconds so something must be wrong

Thanks

All Replies
  • Hi wooxie97,

Please share the connection you are using to connect monitor with the system and the operating system installed.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• I'm using windows 8, the issue was happening on windows 7 too, I don't get what you mean by "the connection you are using to connect monitor with the system" though

Thank you

• Hi wooxie97,

Thank you for the information. I mean is the system tower connected with the monitor via VGA, DVI or HDMI. Dell has not tested the system either with Windows 8 or Windows 7.  That may be the reason for the lag. Also the graphics card installed is not tested by Dell with the system. However, you may update the graphics driver directly from AMD website, please refer to the link: http://bit.ly/RRij4p.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• Hold down the [Windows] key and tap [ p ].

Make sure it is set to computer only.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• You have saved me!!  I was told I was going to have to reinstall Windows 8 because I couldn't see anything on my monitor - turns out everything was on this mystery 2nd monitor that doesn't exist!  THANK YOU!

• JillHendricks

You have saved me!!  I was told I was going to have to reinstall Windows 8 because I couldn't see anything on my monitor - turns out everything was on this mystery 2nd monitor that doesn't exist!  THANK YOU!

You're welcome Jill, glad to have helped. Yes

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.