Dell Inspiron 560 - Graphics card upgrade

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 560 - Graphics card upgrade

This question is answered

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 560, the CPU is a Pentium Dual Core E8500 3.20GHz, it has a Intel GM965 express Chipset and only 2GB of ram. I only want to buy a cheap graphics card for now and I was thinking of a GeForce GT 620, what I wanted to know is will I have any problems installing this or should it all be fine. Thanks :)

Verified Answer
  • Hi Joe Fenlon,

Dell has not tested GeForce GT 620 with Inspiron 560 system. However, after doing some research I found out that the system fulfills all the card requirements. You should be able to install the card without any trouble.

Please reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

All Replies
  • Hi Joe Fenlon,

Dell has not tested GeForce GT 620 with Inspiron 560 system. However, after doing some research I found out that the system fulfills all the card requirements. You should be able to install the card without any trouble.

Please reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• Thanks for answering, do you know whether or not the GT 630 will work with it?Smile

• The GT 630 is definitely better than the GT 620 and should work also.  There is probably only a 15 watt difference between the two.  They both state a 300 watt power requirement which is what you have. 

• Okay thanks :)

If I was going to upgrade the graphics card would an anti-static wrist band be mandatory?

• I confess that I never use one.

•  

Hi Joe Fenlon,

It is recommended to use anti-static wrist band. Although, most of the technicians don’t use it. It is available online at nominal price. You may go ahead and purchase one.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further information.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell

• Joe Fenlon

Okay thanks :)

If I was going to upgrade the graphics card would an anti-static wrist band be mandatory?

Joe Fenlon

If you don't use an anti-static strap, first touch with a finger, any unpainted part of the metal chassis and keep touching it every few minutes.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Hello,

Sorry to intrude... I also have a Dell Inspiron 560 E5400 and trying to upgrade my graphics card to GE FORCE 210 (GV-N210D3-1GI) and when I boot up the computer the monitor remains black.  

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

Cameron 

• CB-DELL

Cameron,

Before installing the new card, did you uninstall the default driver, to locate the driver, go to  Control Panel and open Programs and Features and remove the driver.

After installing the PCIe x16  GE FORCE 210 (GV-N210D3-1GI) card, you need to install the nVidia driver.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell