Dell Inspiron one 19 will not power on

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron one 19 will not power on

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Inspiron One 19 Desktop computer and yesterday the screen went black and the power light blinked amber a couple of times but it will not power back on.....I can barely hear a ticking sound when i put my ear close to the screen..........Please help......this is my life line.........thanks, Rhonda..........

All Replies
  • Hi,

Seems to be a no power issue. I would recommend you to remove all external peripherals like USB flash drive or other external hard drive, printer etc. Now, hold the power button down for 10 seconds to release static power.

Once done, press the power button to turn the system on, listen to determine if a pattern of beeps is generated by the system.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
    Vishal S
    #iworkfordell

• Thanks for your reply....I did like you said and still nothing...i still hear the ticking noise, but nothing has changed......Thanks Rhonda

• took the back cover off and the amber colored light is still flashing.........thanks Rhonda

• Hi,

Thanks for the response. I would suggest you to try swapping the monitor power cable with the tower and vice-versa. Please connect the AC-adapter to a known good power outlet and check the power LED indicator on AC adapter (without plugging into desktop). If LED is not lit, reseat brick and cable. Also check if LED on the AC Adapter goes off only after connecting to computer. Please reply with the findings.

Thanks & Regards
    Vishal S
    #iworkfordell

• this isn't a tower but an all-in-one. Apparently these are known to have bad internal power supplies. I want to replace mine but can't find one to purchase on dell's part page.