Dell Dimension E521 Ethernet Controller Driver

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Dimension E521 Ethernet Controller Driver

This question is not answered

I recently re installed windows xp on my dell. I tried to connect to my router using my Ethernet Cable and it did not work. I checked my Computer Management and it says I am missing Ethernet Controller. How do I fix this? 

All Replies
  • Hi NKelly99,

Kindly check the status of Ethernet in safe mode with networking(restart the computer and tap F8 on Dell logo and select safe mode with networking).

Check the status of Ethernet in safe mode with networking.

Also check if the network card is detected in Device manager.
    • Click on Start and then Control Panel.
    • Click on the Performance and Maintenance link.
    • Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the Administrative Tools icon and proceed.
    • In the Performance and Maintenance window, click on the Administrative Tools Control Panel icon toward the bottom of the window.
    • In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
    • When the Computer Management utility opens, click on Device Manager on the left side of the window, located toward the bottom of the list under the System Tools heading
    • Under network adapters please check if the network card is detected.

If the network card is detected update Ethernet drivers from below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/RPw8De

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• since you reinstall XP you need to reinstall all your drivers and this must be done in the proper order. See HERE for the procedure on reinstalling XP on a Dell system

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003