***HELP*** Dell Inspirion 519 Desktop won't turn in

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

***HELP*** Dell Inspirion 519 Desktop won't turn in

This question is not answered

I need help! My computer is a Dell Inspirion 519 desktop won't turn on! I tried turning it on, a yellow/amber light flashed from the power button. I unplugged everything, plugged it back into a different power strip slot, and now the amber light won't even show up. I press the power button and nothing. Any ideas what the problem is? 

All Replies
  • InspironUser159

I need help! My computer is a Dell Inspirion 159 desktop won't turn on! I tried turning it on, a yellow/amber light flashed from the power button. I unplugged everything, plugged it back into a different power strip slot, and now the amber light won't even show up. I press the power button and nothing. Any ideas what the problem is? 

InspironUser159

Please check the computer model, Dell does not have an Inspiron 159 desktop listed.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• There we go, meant 519

• InspironUser159

The Inspiron 519 toubleshooter is here,

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp518/en/qrg/MT480A01.pdf

Have you tried removing and reinstalling all the memory modules and graphics card, to see if this makes a difference?

Also, try connecting the power cord directly to an outlet,

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• I am having same pblm with a 537. Every time I press the button on the front the green light in back goes out and I have to unplug and plug in to reset. Power supply checks out (I swapped with a good 537) and motherboard looks good with no visable damage to any capacitors.

• Inspiron8553

I am having same pblm with a 537. Every time I press the button on the front the green light in back goes out and I have to unplug and plug in to reset. Power supply checks out (I swapped with a good 537) and motherboard looks good with no visable damage to any capacitors.

Inspiron8553

As you have a different computer model, to prevent confusion, it would be easier to start a new message and thread. 

What colour is the power button LED, is it blinking or solid?

Are there any 'Beeps'?

The Dell Inspiron 535/545/546/537 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Guide, can be found in the Setup Guide HERE in PDF form.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• No color and no blinking any more. originally it blinked a yellow/amber color. Now it wont show anything, but green color on the back is still on

• Inspiron8553

Sounds like a power supply failure, try replacing the power supply, with a know working unit and see if makes a difference.

The Inspiron 537 Mini Tower can use most standard generic ATX power supply units, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin main motherboard power connector, with or without the on/off switch.

You should be able to buy a compatible power supply from either a local or online computer store.

Note: You require a power supply with four SATA power connectors.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                  

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community