Dell inspiron 660 PSU upgrade

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell inspiron 660 PSU upgrade

This question is answered

im thinking of upgrading my psu to get a new graphics card. does anyone know any good PSU's that will fit and is about 500w?

Verified Answer
  • Magostop

Is your Inspiron 660 a Desktop, or the 660s Compact Version?

If it's the Desktop Version, the Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop Mini Tower can use most generic standard ATX power supply units, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin main motherboard power connector, with or without the on/off switch.

You should be able to buy a compatible power supply from either a local or online computer store.

Note: You require a power supply with four SATA power connectors.

Check out the Corsair/Antec brands of power supplies.

The CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3, as shown here, should be fine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Magostop

Then the Corsair 500w power supply I posted, should be fine.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

All Replies
  • Magostop

Is your Inspiron 660 a Desktop, or the 660s Compact Version?

If it's the Desktop Version, the Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop Mini Tower can use most generic standard ATX power supply units, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin main motherboard power connector, with or without the on/off switch.

You should be able to buy a compatible power supply from either a local or online computer store.

Note: You require a power supply with four SATA power connectors.

Check out the Corsair/Antec brands of power supplies.

The CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3, as shown here, should be fine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• this is the 660 not the 660s (so not the slim one)

• Magostop

Then the Corsair 500w power supply I posted, should be fine.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• alright thanks a ton!

• Magostop

You are welcome.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community