Forums

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron One 19 won't power on

This question is answered

Hello! :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 19 One, which I've had for about 2 years now. This morning, the computer would not turn on. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. As soon as I plugged it iback n, and without me pressing the power button, it powered on for about one second and then shut down again, enough for the fans to spin up and then immediately back down. The power led was orange/yellow for the second it was on. After more plugging/unplugging, I was able to get it to power on once with a regular white power led by actually pressing the power button, but it still powered down in about one second. I have tried a different power cord and in a different outlet, with no luck. Most of the time when I plug it in, it does not power on at all, it only happens like every 5th time.

There is no noise, the fans don't stay on other than the occasional one second when it does power up, and the power light does not stay on after the occasional initial one second.

I assume this is a problem with the power supply, but can I be sure of that? And if it definitely is the power supply, where do I get a replacement? I've opened it up and the power supply in there looks much, much smaller than what you'd get in a standard full-sized PC.

Thank you for any help you can give. :)

Verified Answer
All Replies