XPS 8500 Questions

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

XPS 8500 Questions

This question is answered
I'm thinking of buying the following and I have a few questions.
 Module  Description Show Details
XPS 8500 XPS 8500
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
Processors 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.90 GHz)
Memory 12GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs
Keyboard Dell KM632 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
Monitor No Monitor
Video Card AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
Wireless Driver Dell SRV Software 1703
Hard Drive 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
Chassis XPS 8500, Black Chassis w/19:1 media card reader
Mouse Mouse included with Keyboard purchase
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Adobe Reader Adobe® Acrobat® X Reader Multi-Language
Optical Drive Blu-ray Combo Drive (BD-R, DVD+/-RW), Write to CD/DVD
Sound Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio 4
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Wireless Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
Power Cord US Power Cord
Documentation English/French Documentation
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
Ship Material Shipping Material, Direct
Security Software McAfee SecurityCenter, 30-Days
Additional Software Additional Software
Optical SW Win7 Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate - BD-Combo
Hardware Support Services 1 Year Basic In-Home Support
how many hdmi outputs does it have?
does it have an audio output on the front of the case?
what kind of fan(s) does it have? (will it need an aftermarket fan?)
how many usb 2.0 and 3.0 slots does it have (and how are they distributed, front and back)?
what company made the motherboard, ram, and psu?
does the psu have a 80 plus rating?
can I get the blu-ray replaced with normal dvd cd drive? it's a waste of money because i already have a blu-ray player
is belkin good for hdmi cables (looking at their 20$ high speed hdmi cable)?
thanks for your time.
Verified Answer
  • Hi Vallix,

The detailed description provided by you has helped me immensely in the research. Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. The computer will have one Onboard HDMI Port and one HDMI port on AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 graphics card.

2. The computer has audio ports on the top of the chassis.

3. The system has a fan on CPU/Heatsink and another system fan at the rear end inside the chassis. This will provide sufficient cooling to the machine. Also there is a fan on the AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 graphics card.

4. There are two top-panel and four back-panel USB 2.0 connectors and two back-panel and two front-panel USB 3.0 connectors.

5. Motherboard, Memory and Power Supply are Dell Branded.

6. Dell is registered on 80 Plus Power Supply website, for more details visit: www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSupplies.aspx

7. Yes, you can replace the optical drive with a Blu-Ray provided the from factor is 3.5 inches.

8. Yes, Belkin can be a good choice for the HDMI cable.

Thanks & Regards
    Zohaib R
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose
    your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
All Replies
  • Hi Vallix,

The detailed description provided by you has helped me immensely in the research. Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. The computer will have one Onboard HDMI Port and one HDMI port on AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 graphics card.

2. The computer has audio ports on the top of the chassis.

3. The system has a fan on CPU/Heatsink and another system fan at the rear end inside the chassis. This will provide sufficient cooling to the machine. Also there is a fan on the AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 graphics card.

4. There are two top-panel and four back-panel USB 2.0 connectors and two back-panel and two front-panel USB 3.0 connectors.

5. Motherboard, Memory and Power Supply are Dell Branded.

6. Dell is registered on 80 Plus Power Supply website, for more details visit: www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSupplies.aspx

7. Yes, you can replace the optical drive with a Blu-Ray provided the from factor is 3.5 inches.

8. Yes, Belkin can be a good choice for the HDMI cable.

Thanks & Regards
    Zohaib R
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose
    your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
  • This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                        

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community