Inspiron 570 Ethernet Controller Driver Missing

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 570 Ethernet Controller Driver Missing

This question is answered

I reinstalled Windows 7 from the CD provided with the system and the ethernet controller driver is missing.  There is no ethernet controller driver or chipset driver in Dell's driver list for the service tag.  My experience has been that Windows 7 had the ethernet drivers.

The system has an AMD processor and the Dell information says that the MB P/N is: R48T1.

I have tried several different drivers, but they all say there is no compatible hardware.  

Thanks, Norm

Verified Answer
  • None of the drivers at Dell work for the Network card.

Found correct driver at Intel's website

LAN: Broadcom* NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Driver

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Now Machine works perfectly. had been tagged by the IT department as defective motherboard

All Replies
  • normbarb

I reinstalled Windows 7 from the CD provided with the system and the ethernet controller driver is missing.  There is no ethernet controller driver or chipset driver in Dell's driver list for the service tag.  My experience has been that Windows 7 had the ethernet drivers.

The system has an AMD processor and the Dell information says that the MB P/N is: R48T1.

I have tried several different drivers, but they all say there is no compatible hardware.  

Thanks, Norm

Have you tried this driver HERE, and have a look HERE on Intel web site, as the driver Dell use is Intel, so there software should be Ok.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• Hi normbarb,

Welcome to the Dell community.

Please follow this link to install the drivers.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=5K110&FileId=2731091209&productCode=inspiron-570&urlProductCode=False

Once done, reboot PC and then check device manager if the Ethernet controller driver is missing or not.

Please reply if you have any queries

Thanks and Regards,
    Manpreet C
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
  • Robin,

Thanks for getting back.  I have tried the Broadcom driver (NG) and I don't believe that it is an Intel driver because it is an AMD processor.  I don't think they can use Intel MBs with AMD processors.  Looked at the Dell B/U disk.  They say the drivers may not work.  I suspect that it may be the same ones that are on the website for the Exp Svc Code for the computer.

Norm

• I did try this driver (R243167) and got a message -- No compatible hardware.  

Thanks, Norm

• normbarb

Robin,

Thanks for getting back.  I have tried the Broadcom driver (NG) and I don't believe that it is an Intel driver because it is an AMD processor.  I don't think they can use Intel MBs with AMD processors.  Looked at the Dell B/U disk.  They say the drivers may not work.  I suspect that it may be the same ones that are on the website for the Exp Svc Code for the computer.

Norm

That was taken off the 570 drivers page HERE, also the CPU might be AMD, but the chipset is Intel.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• Hi normbarb,

Please try to check if the Ethernet card is detected in BIOS.

To access the BIOS, Reboot PC>> press F2 on dell splash screen ,   this screen will appear.

Go to Advanced tab , Select Integrated Peripherals Configuration and press Enter

Check if Onboard LAN Controller is Enabled or Disabled (Enabled by default) .If not please Enable it.

Once, done press F10 .  and then try to install the drivers again.

Thanks and Regards,
    Manpreet C
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
  • Hello - I am having the exact same problem as Norm!  I have done everything  listed above, I still have a big yellow exclamation point on the Ethernet Controller in the device manager.  Please help!

• I am having the same problem my ethernet is connected in the BIOS setup i have installed those drivers and it has changed nothing i have even reinstalled windows 7 and then done everything again.

Any help would be appreciated this has been driving me insane for the last 3 days trying to fix it.I have tried multiple "fixes" but noone have worked

• What version of Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

Ethernet Driver:

R243167 - Windows Vista/7 64 bit.

R243173 - Windows Vista/7 32 bit

Does the correct one of these fail to install on your unit?

Note the Chipset should be installed before the Network Drivers.

Chipset Driver:

R243218 - Windows Vista/7 32 bit/64 bit

Audio Driver:

R243215 - Windows Vista/7 32 bit/64 bit

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• I am running 64 Bit and unless i am missing something out of the install process those are not working and am i still not connected.

• To install them its just open the application? The program opens and opens everything and then closes is that all there is too it or do i have to do something else?

• Do you get the setup as below?

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• hi

• I tried everything that they talk about in this page. None of it works. This Del Inspiron 570 actually had been scrapped and put to the side marked with a bad motherboard tag. The computer kept either shutting down or rebooting or it seemed to go into a sleep mode you could not wake it from. After I got my first Blue Screen error I realized it was a driver conflict with the newer Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I found the right driver and now the machine that was being tossed is being used by one of the managers. All it was, is that it needed the right drivers. The video driver on dells site is good and so is the audio and/or chipset but the network driver does not work.

I looked for the Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Driver and I found it at Intel's website. Now the machine works great.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&DwnldID=18795

• Had same problem. None of the drivers work. Found correct driver at Intel's website.

LAN: Broadcom* NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Driver  

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Now machine that our IT guy tagged as spapre for parts due to a bad motherboard , is working perfectly