locating the battery in Dimension 8100

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

locating the battery in Dimension 8100

This question is answered

Can anyone please tell me where to look inside the box of a Dimension 8100 for the battery?

Verified Answer
  • Grandma22 wrote:

Can anyone please tell me where to look inside the box of a Dimension 8100 for the battery?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grandma22

Scroll down to 'System Board Connectors and Sockets' HERE and look for Item 20 'Battery Socket'

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• The battery is a CR 2032 coin cell; about the size of a nickel and has the shiny side with a "+" mark facing up.  A description of how to replace the battery is found in the Dimension 8100 System Reference under the heading of Removing and Replacing Parts.  Below is a graphic from the System Reference showing the motherboard.  Notice that the battery is in the lower right corner of the board:

sys-brd.gif (28135 bytes)

Dell Forum member since 2005

All Replies
  • Grandma22 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grandma22

Scroll down to 'System Board Connectors and Sockets' HERE and look for Item 20 'Battery Socket'

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• The battery is a CR 2032 coin cell; about the size of a nickel and has the shiny side with a "+" mark facing up.  A description of how to replace the battery is found in the Dimension 8100 System Reference under the heading of Removing and Replacing Parts.  Below is a graphic from the System Reference showing the motherboard.  Notice that the battery is in the lower right corner of the board:

sys-brd.gif (28135 bytes)

Dell Forum member since 2005

• Thank you both.  As many times as I've had the cover off correcting other things, and never noticed the battery before!!  

Have replaced a hard drive, installed memory, replaced a power supply, installed cd/dvd drives, but I guess there's a first for everything.  Thanks,again.

•  Grandma22

You are welcome.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001