32 or 64 bit ????

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

32 or 64 bit ????

This question is answered

How does one tell if their operating gystem is 32 or 64 bit? I am running  XP pro service pack 3 Thank You Huffy 47

Verified Answer
  • Hardly any system came with 64 bit XP.  So you would have had to install it your self you can check but doing the following :

Computers running Windows XP

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.

If you don’t see "x64 Edition" listed under System, you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.

The edition of Windows XP you're running is displayed under System near the top of the window.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

All Replies
  • Hardly any system came with 64 bit XP.  So you would have had to install it your self you can check but doing the following :

Computers running Windows XP

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.

If you don’t see "x64 Edition" listed under System, you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.

The edition of Windows XP you're running is displayed under System near the top of the window.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003