XPS 420 error diagnostic light 1 2 3 no boot cant even open BIOS

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

XPS 420 error diagnostic light 1 2 3 no boot cant even open BIOS

This question is not answered

The subject is pretty much self explanatory i guess, the system cant boot, cant even get to BIOS, the diagnostic light 1 2 3 lights up no BEEPS

The other thing is the fan was sounded like its about to start but then it stops...

PLEASE I NEED HELP! ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I NEED TO GET THIS THING TO WORK....

All Replies
  • Lights 1,2,3 is the dreaded "Another Failure had Occurred" . Generally this means the motherboard is gone. But to check further, you can try.

Replacing the CMOS battery. This is the coin cell CR2032 battery on the motherboard. The run around $3-5.

Normally if it is a power supply issue the power button will light either steady or flashing.

Another thing you can try is to remove all the ram and plug in cards and disconnect the power on all the internal drives and see if that makes any difference.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• thanks for the suggestion, I've fixed the problem myself just now, I just cleaned all the dust and reseat my hard disc and it works wonder ~

i dont know if it will suddenly break down again though.. thanks anyway :)