Error: Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint [nnnn]. - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Error: Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint [nnnn].

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Error: Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint [nnnn].

This question is not answered

Please help this has been happening for a while now. I dont know what is causing it. It has been a month or so.

Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint [nnnn]. For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint and contact Dell Technical Support —   The computer failed to complete the boot routine three consecutive times for the same error (see Contacting Dell <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>for assistance).

I believe that is the error, It goes so fast i never have time to figure it out. I read only parts of it. I have changed the powersupply and all the fans. I even put this dell into a new case! Yes, it has been done. It is currently a Dell 530s from November of 2008.

The issue can be resolved by removing the usb ports in the back. Should i buy extra usb addons from my tech astore and use those or is there a fix to this really irritating problem. Dell Technical support over the phone was not much help :(.

Can I please get a solution.

The computer tries to boot several times until it actually does. What is the problem?

All Replies