New Graphics Card For Dell Inspiron Desktop 530

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

New Graphics Card For Dell Inspiron Desktop 530

This question is answered

Hello,

The Graphics card on my desktop pc died last week (crashed twice, recovered, now white lines down the dell screen followed by the blue screen of death). I am looking for a new one and am unsure which ones are good and more importantly compatible. I am looking for a nvidia graphics card at a reasonable price that "packs a punch" per se. My dell service tag is <ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per Privacy policy>.

Thanks in Advance.

Verified Answer
  • DanDaMan11299

Yes, the Palit nVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR3, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, as shown in your link will work, but it requires a 6-pin PCIe power connector, you might need to upgrade the power supply, the Inspiron 530 Mt has either a 300w, or a 350w power supply installed depending on which processor was factory installed.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Antec 620W High Current Gamer 80plus Bronze PSU (0 ... - Dabs

www.dabs.com/.../antec-620w-high-current-gamer-80plus-bronze-ps...

Antec

Antec 620W High Current Gamer 80plus Bronze PSU

Mfr#:

0-761345-06209-1

Quicklinx: 7N3CWS00
    Review this product
    Quantity to buy of Antec 620W High Current Gamer 80plus Bronze PSU £69.99   

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

All Replies
  • DanDaMan11299

Assuming that you have an Inspiron 530 Mt and not the 530s Slimline version.

This system supports a PCI Express x16 video card, check out the card shown HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• Thank you for the prompt reply. From your information i had a look around and was wondering would this one work?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-Graphics-Express-Support/dp/B00510LDR8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325113639&sr=8-3

full specs http://uk.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gts-450/specifications

• DanDaMan11299

Yes, the Palit nVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR3, HDMI, PCI Express 2.0, as shown in your link will work, but it requires a 6-pin PCIe power connector, you might need to upgrade the power supply, the Inspiron 530 Mt has either a 300w, or a 350w power supply installed depending on which processor was factory installed.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• can you please provide a link to such a power supply?

• Antec 620W High Current Gamer 80plus Bronze PSU (0 ... - Dabs

www.dabs.com/.../antec-620w-high-current-gamer-80plus-bronze-ps...

Antec

Mfr#:

0-761345-06209-1

Quicklinx: 7N3CWS00
    Review this product
    Quantity to buy of Antec 620W High Current Gamer 80plus Bronze PSU £69.99   

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.