Dell Vostro 200 beeps twice on startup, won't boot

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Vostro 200 beeps twice on startup, won't boot

This question is answered

I have a Dell Vostro 200 desktop that has started to beep twice when powering on, but it won't boot and doesn't display anything on the monitor. Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this, please?

Verified Answer
  • rsiboise

Two *Beeps* indicate a memory issue, first try opening the case and remove and reinstall all the memory modules and see if this makes a difference, more troubleshooting procedures can be found in the Vostro 200 Mini Tower Troubleshooter HERE.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

All Replies
  • rsiboise

Two *Beeps* indicate a memory issue, first try opening the case and remove and reinstall all the memory modules and see if this makes a difference, more troubleshooting procedures can be found in the Vostro 200 Mini Tower Troubleshooter HERE.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• Helped me resolve my problem.  Someone had taken one of the memory modules out.  Replaced the module and now everything's fine.  Thanks for the help.

• Frank Beard

Happy to hear your issue was resolved, by this thread.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001