Replacing Power Supply in Inspiron 580 with Corsair CX430? - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Replacing Power Supply in Inspiron 580 with Corsair CX430?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Replacing Power Supply in Inspiron 580 with Corsair CX430?

This question has been answered by shesagordie

I'm trying to replace the 300W power supply that came with my Dell Inspiron 580 with a 430W Corsair CX430.  The motherboard has two connections, a 24-pin connection and a 4-pin molex.  The Corsair has a 24-pin connection, but doesn't have a 4-pin molex.  It has an 8-pin plug that can be separated into 2 square 4-pin plugs, and a 6-pin plug that has a separate 2-pin plug right next to it.  Can I connect one of these plugs into the socket where the 4-pin molex went or do I need to get a different power supply?  

Verified Answer
  • rglim63

You use the EPS/ATX12V 8-pin connector, that separates into 2 x 4-pin connectors and use either one of the 4-pin sections.

For more info., go HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

All Replies
  • rglim63

You use the EPS/ATX12V 8-pin connector, that separates into 2 x 4-pin connectors and use either one of the 4-pin sections.

For more info., go HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell