Dell Dimension 2400 Video Driver

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Dimension 2400 Video Driver

This question has been answered by Chayim

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my Dell Dimension 2400 and it appears to be working satisfactorly EXCEPT that the video

graphics is large pixalated and the colors are horriable.  I have tried installing the old Windows xp driver for the E171FPb Monitor

but have not been succesfull  in getting it recognized.  I have searched the internet and found a driver on Intel (win2k_xp1410.exe)

and it fails because it does not like the OS.  I know some people claim to have successuflly loaded a driver using something called the compatability

mode.  I have not been able to make that work either.  I do not want to go back to Windows XP so any help would be appreciated.

Verified Answer
  • Download the XP driver file from the Dell site and run it.  It will create a folder in the Dell directory on the hard drive.  Go to that directory, right click on the Setup file, choose Properties, and on the Compatibility tab, tell it to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.  Then double-click the Setup file and the driver will install.  It worked for me.  The best resolution I could get was 1024 x 768.

All Replies
  • Download the XP driver file from the Dell site and run it.  It will create a folder in the Dell directory on the hard drive.  Go to that directory, right click on the Setup file, choose Properties, and on the Compatibility tab, tell it to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.  Then double-click the Setup file and the driver will install.  It worked for me.  The best resolution I could get was 1024 x 768.