Error Code 0F00: 1332

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Error Code 0F00: 1332

This question is not answered

I'm getting an error code 1332 MSG: Disk - Block 86054984: iterrupt request (irq) did not set in time.

My computer seems to feel this is pertty serious.  Any idea what's going on ?

Tom

All Replies
  • What model PC?  What Operating System?

But, that is some type of disk error.  If it was a one time thing I would not get concerned.  If it happens again then it's time to look into it.  As you didn't include your PC Model I can't say for sure, but many Dell's have a Diagnostic Partition on the hard drive, accessed by F12 at bootup.  If yours has this you should run the complete hardware diagnostics to see it flags anything.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• The problem is with a Dell Studio 8100, 18 months old running Windows 7. 

It's running now, but froze on the windows screen for a couple of frantic hours.  I did squeeze a scary message, "operating system not found".  That sounded like a bad virus or hard disk to me.  Since it's running now, Norton Anti hasn't seen a problem.  I've been able to back up all my date, but hate the thought of losing all my programs if it's a hard drive issue.

• The 8100 has the diagnostic partition, run a complete hardware diagnostic, paying particular attention to the hard drive.

Also, make sure your backed up data is on a separate storage device and not on a different partition on the same drive.  If you lose the drive the backed up data is also lost.

One other option is a "ghost" program such as Acronis True Image (what I use) to do a full hard drive back up (all partitions) to a separate hard drive.  If the drive were to fail it can be rebuilt or a new drive rebuilt in about an hour back to how it was when the last full backup was performed.   Windows 7 has a built in backup program but I like the Acronis better.  Most of the techies that I know use Acronis.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.