Error Code 0F00: 1332 - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Error Code 0F00: 1332

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Error Code 0F00: 1332

This question is not answered

I'm getting an error code 1332 MSG: Disk - Block 86054984: iterrupt request (irq) did not set in time.

My computer seems to feel this is pertty serious.  Any idea what's going on ?

Tom

All Replies
  • What model PC?  What Operating System?

But, that is some type of disk error.  If it was a one time thing I would not get concerned.  If it happens again then it's time to look into it.  As you didn't include your PC Model I can't say for sure, but many Dell's have a Diagnostic Partition on the hard drive, accessed by F12 at bootup.  If yours has this you should run the complete hardware diagnostics to see it flags anything.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• The problem is with a Dell Studio 8100, 18 months old running Windows 7. 

It's running now, but froze on the windows screen for a couple of frantic hours.  I did squeeze a scary message, "operating system not found".  That sounded like a bad virus or hard disk to me.  Since it's running now, Norton Anti hasn't seen a problem.  I've been able to back up all my date, but hate the thought of losing all my programs if it's a hard drive issue.

• The 8100 has the diagnostic partition, run a complete hardware diagnostic, paying particular attention to the hard drive.

Also, make sure your backed up data is on a separate storage device and not on a different partition on the same drive.  If you lose the drive the backed up data is also lost.

One other option is a "ghost" program such as Acronis True Image (what I use) to do a full hard drive back up (all partitions) to a separate hard drive.  If the drive were to fail it can be rebuilt or a new drive rebuilt in about an hour back to how it was when the last full backup was performed.   Windows 7 has a built in backup program but I like the Acronis better.  Most of the techies that I know use Acronis.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.