Lost Admin Password Inspiron 560

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Lost Admin Password Inspiron 560

This question is not answered

I have a brand new DELL Insprion 560 computer for my mother. Upon setup, she created an admin password. I forgot the password and so did she. Since the computer is new, I think that restoring the factory image would make sense.

Can I restore without knowing the admin password?

If not, is there any way to reset that admin password?

---------------

DELL Dimension Inspiron 560

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

All Replies
  • Did she set a BIOS password or a Windows password? Did she create another user account?

If you reset to the factory image, you'll lose everything on the hard drive, so this may not be the best option unless your files are backed up on external media. If you have nothing on the hard drive to care about, the worst that can happen if you try to restore is that PC Restore won't run without the password.

Ron

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee

• muto, I saw nothing wrong in your post. I emailed them asking why they moved it.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• "Ps. They said something about me being a spammer.  Perhaps the link provided in my post  is what offended them, but that is really random as well as hypocritical since I have since scores of links to similar sites.  "

Please enumerate the scores (AKA groups of 20 items )of similar sites?

Domain Names?

Etc.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• The original reply from muto was not spam. I looked at the link to the sevenforums and it contains good steps on how to reset the windows password. I agree that they should have moved it back into this thread but maybe they do not know how. We will educate them. It is a violation to publically discuss resetting the Bios password so maybe they were confused. That process must be done privately.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• DELL-Chris M

The original reply from muto was not spam. I looked at the link to the sevenforums and it contains good steps on how to reset the windows password. I agree that they should have moved it back into this thread but maybe they do not know how. We will educate them. It is a violation to publically discuss resetting the Bios password so maybe they were confused. That process must be done privately.

And even if muto's post was deleted inappropriately, the OP saw the response, as I did, assuming the OP left "Email me replies to this post" checked. (The default setting is 'checked'.)

Ron

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee

• Locking thread as the discussion has become off the original topic, and is no longer helpful for the customer.