Dell Dimension 8300 Series Will not turn on. Have pressed power button on computer which normally turns compiter on with no luck.

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Dimension 8300 Series Will not turn on. Have pressed power button on computer which normally turns compiter on with no luck.

This question has suggested answer(s)

My Dell Dimension 8300 will not turn back on after a power outage. I press the power button on the computer which normally turns it on but it does not work.

All Replies
  • Hi Jimhol,

First, check the four diagnostic lights on the back for any signs of trouble. Second, try unplugging the machine and holding the power button to discharge capacitance. Then plug it back in and try starting it up.

• Could be a power supply failure.  You will have to cut a hole in the back of the case to use a non dell power supply in that system.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• Jimhol

My Dell Dimension 8300 will not turn back on after a power outage. I press the power button on the computer which normally turns it on but it does not work.

Jimhol 

What is the colour of the power button LED, is it solid green, blinking green, solid amber, blinking amber, or off, also check the sequence of the Diagnostic Lights on the back of the case.

The 8300 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic codes are HERE

Do any of the fans run?

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell