Dell Dimension 8400 Power Supply

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Dimension 8400 Power Supply

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 computer that's a few years old and came with XPpro as an OS.  My spec sheet shows that it came with a 350W power supply and I think the current power supply is starting to fail.  Does anyone know what part number these systems used?  I tried to get hold of Dell through their chat and it's busy, closed for the evening, etc.

My service tag is <ADMIN NOTE : Service tag removed per privacy policy>

if there's somewhere to look it up OR if Dell monitors this forum.

Thanks

Chris

All Replies
  •  coverland

To replace the power supply of the Dimension 8400, you can use most standard ATX PSU's with a 24pin or 20 + 4-pin main motherboard power connector and no on/off switch and a minimum of two SATA power connectors.

If a PSU has the on/off switch, the back panel will have to be modified for it  [cut a hole].

A Dell OEM Dimension 8400 350w refurbished power supply, can be purchased from HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

•  coverland

To replace the power supply of the Dimension 8400, you can use most standard ATX PSU's with a 24pin or 20 + 4-pin main motherboard power connector and no on/off switch and a minimum of two SATA power connectors.

If a PSU has the on/off switch, the back panel will have to be modified for it  [cut a hole].

A Dell OEM Dimension 8400 350w refurbished power supply, can be purchased from HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell