USB Mass Storage Device DRIVERS

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

USB Mass Storage Device DRIVERS

This question is not answered

Don't we need a 64-bit version of the USB Mass Storage Device Driver with a 64-bit OS ?

If so where do we get it and why is taking so long, I just bought a DELL and expected a

fully operating basic unit w/drivers.

All Replies
  • Can you be a bit more specific as there are many many usb drivers. Please state your Dell model and the version of windows you are running as well a more descriptive account of your problem.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• USB drivers are built into Windows, regardless of whether it's 32- or 64-bit.

If you're talking about a driver for a specific piece of hardware (eg, a USB printer, scanner, etc), you'll probably need to install those drivers from a CD that came with the speciific peripheral.

Ron

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee

• Flash drives load their own  drivers.. which I'm thinking the OP is refering to

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003