What does Error Code 4400:011A mean from the Dell Diagonistics Test?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

What does Error Code 4400:011A mean from the Dell Diagonistics Test?

This question is not answered

At first I was going to post this in the Video forum cause I'm having a video problem but since I dont know what the heck this Error code means, I'll find out here first. I have a Dell Inspiron 1570 Desktop computer and I first got it last year in 2010 in Feb. The main problem I'm having with it is...everytime I'm on the computer weather it's on the main desktop or online (sometimes it will take an hour to happen), The computer will start to get all fuzzy and then I'll get a messed up white, blue, gray, or complete black unresponsive screen and cant do a single thing. So I'll have to resort in turning off the computer by pressing the switch on the PC system. When I tried to search for help as to what to do, I tried everything. I tried going to the Dell site and downloading some new drivers and installing them and that didn't work. Then I tried formatting the entire computer and wiped out everything including the drivers and started all the way over from scratch just like when I first bought this computer. And when I did that, nothing still changed and I still have the same crazy video problem. Then I finally decided to use the disc that came with the computer and restart the computer and press F12 to boot from the CD and use the Dell Diagnostics Test. As I was waiting for the test, I got a message later on during the test that said "Error Code 4400:011A  Msg:SCSI_O-OOO_DISK_GENERIC-_SD/MMC-Target not ready", Now can SOMEONE please explain to me what this is all about and how I can solve this problem?

All Replies
  • Since you bought the system in February (and it is now January), you are still within the warranty period and should contact Dell about this error.

Obviously, since this is ahardware error, reinstalling the operating system is not going to fix it.

• Reboot from that same CD and start the hardware tests again. Once the testing starts, remove the CD and insert a data CD, not a bootable CD.  If the message doesn't reappear then it was just a problem with what disk was in the drive. If you get the same error message it may be a hard drive failure.

Ron

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee