Right click does not work in windows 7 - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Right click does not work in windows 7

Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Right click does not work in windows 7

This question is not answered

When I right click a folder or file to get to the drop down window the round device spins but the menu does not appear. Occasionally, it does work but only after a very long wait. The right click functions seems to work in other applications.

Prior to this I was getting a failure note saying ST Services Stopped Working. This problem seems to have been resolved after I uninstalled the Dell Data Storage application (not the correct word for the program). I did this after a search showed that as a possible solution.

Computer isa one-year old XPS 9000, which seems to be working fine otherwise. This problem showed up two days ago.

All Replies
  • As this is a recent problem, the System Restore function would probably resolve the issue.  System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.  Select a restore date that is PRIOR to the problem.  System Restore will not delete any user data or e-mails, but any programs installed or uninstalled will have to be redone.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Thanks. Solved problem by uninstalling the Dall Data Safe and all related applications. I had originall done that to resolve an issue referred to as "st services stopped working," and when I looked at that particular procedure I discovered that I had left one of the related apps there. So when it was gone the right click problem went away.

Again, thanks.