error codes: 0F00:133C and 4400:011A.

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

error codes: 0F00:133C and 4400:011A.

This question is not answered

Dear all

I have Dell Studio 540 with Windows 7 64 bits.  My warranty expired just 2 few ago and my problem started just a copuple of days ago!

The system simply does not boot, whther I try a normal boot or a save boot does not make any difference.  When I power up the systtem, it simply goes into an endless cycle of attempts to boot but never loads windows, I simply get a black screen with the mouse in the middle.  I can move the mouse on the screen, but nothing ever appears on the screen.  After a while it reboots, and the cycle goes on!

I can access the boot options and run a diasgnostc.  It gave 2 error codes

Error code:       0F00:133C

Msg:                 DISK – No Suitable Disk Media Is Present

And

Error code:       4400:011A.

Msg:                 SCSI_0.000_DISK_GENERIC_COMPACT_FLASH - Target not ready

Could anyone help and shed some light on my misfortune

All Replies
  • yvonresplandy

The 0F00:133C  Msg: DISK – No Suitable Disk Media Is Present, message indicates the optical drive requires a data disc inserted, for the drive to be tested.

Error code: 4400:011A.   Msg:  SCSI_0.000_DISK_GENERIC_COMPACT_FLASH - Target not ready

Remove all the peripherals from the 540, except the monitor, keyboard and mouse and run the diagnostics extended test, on the system.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• Bev. thank you for the quick reply

I run the diagnostic extended test and it gave me the same error codes and the same messages.

With respect to the first error code (0F00:133C) I inserted a data disk in the CD rom drive, but still the PC would not boot.  It seems that the problem is with the HD not the CD rom drive.  It may be that the HD is not recognized, could it be just a cable problem or do I need to replace my HD?

With respect to the second error code (4400:011A) I did not get more information than the first time, except that the error code could help a technician diagnose the problem!

Any suggestion on any of these error code would be most helpful

thank you Yvonresplandy

• Yvonresplandy

Is the hard drive recognized in the system setup [BIOS]?

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• Dear Bev.

Thanks, you are bring hope back to my heart!

On the main screen of the BIOS setup utility I can see:

SATA0            [Hard Disk]

SATA1            [ATAPI CDROM]

SATA2            SATA Port not Present

SATA3            SATA Port not Present

SATA4            [not detected]

SATA5            [not detected]

When I go to the next screen to see the description of the hard disk, the screen returns:

DEVICE:         Hard Disk

VENDOR        WDC WD6400AAKS-75A7B2

SIZE:               640GB

It seems that the disk is recognized, does that mean the HD is there but it is bad? Can it be fixed?

• Yvonresplandy

Try running chkdsk r on the hard drive and see if it makes a difference.

The details for using chkdsk r, are HERE

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• Bev.

I can not run chkdsk r because Windows doe not load.  Also I can not access the command prompt in the current situation.  could you make a suggestion as how to reach the command prompt?

Thanks, Yvon Resplandy

• Yvonresplandy

You can run chkdsk r from the Windows 7 Reinstallation disc, see HERE

The procedure is the same for both Windows 7 and Vista.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• Bev.

we found the Dell Windows upgrade disk (we ugraded from windows vista to Windows 7 few months ago) and were able to run chkdsk; no error was found.  We were also able to do a restore of just 2 weeks ago so not much was lost.

we can now run windows in safe mode, but when we try to run in normal mode, it can not reach the desk top display, and instead gives a DOS based screen with a lot of verbiage about a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION, and "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer".  This screen also provide a TECHNICAL INFORMATION which is a long stream of alpha numric characters.

We made some progress, but can you make any sense of the above and further suggestion?  could the problem have been created by a virus??

thank youu, Yvon

• Yvonresplandy

Remove all the peripherals, except the monitor, mouse and keyboard and restart the system and see if this makes a difference.

Also, if there'a a Media card reader installed, check that there no cards in it.

Bev. 

Forum Member since 2001

• Bev,

Are the error codes documented somewhere on Dell's website?

Thanks

• sarcasticsoap

THIS is Dell's documented, not very helpful, list of error codes.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• Dear Bev

Here are some news about my capricious Dell Studio 540

The good news is that, after disconnecting all peripherals, I was able to start Windows 7 in normal mode; after loading Windows 7, I got a message indicating “System Restore completed successfully”.

After this encouraging first step, I tried to play with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype.  They all worked fine.

After this, Norton 360 V4 started unexpectedly and immediately indicated an error in Norton itself, this process went very fast so I did not have time to write down the error number.  Immediately after that a DOS screen came up indicating "a problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer".

We restarted the PC is Safe Mode, the first time it could not fully reach Safe Mode and reboot itself, the second time, the PC reached Safe Mode.

Then a Windows screen appeared in Safe Mode indicating that “Windows had recovered from an unexpected shut down” and an icon labeled “view problem details” was available just below.

These problems details are reproduced here below:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:             BlueScreen

OS Version:                           6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID:                              1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                a

BCP1:                                    0000000000000008

BCP2:                                    0000000000000002

BCP3:                                    0000000000000000

BCP4:                                    FFFFF8000249DD29

OS Version:                           6_1_7600

Service Pack:                         0_0

Product:                                 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\120810-26426-01.dmp

C:\Users\Kitty\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-49140-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Bev.  Can you make any send of all of this and make a suggestion as to what the next step should be?

Thank you so much, Yvon

• Bev.

I have made some progress, but my Dell Studio 540 continues to be acting up.  When we try to load in normal mode, Windows7 can load but is very unstable.  Generally after few seconds, a DOS type message appears indicating error with IRQ, then the PC turns itself off and reboot.  This cycle is endless.

However we can run Windows7 in Safe Mode,  In this mode it is generally more stable, but not always,  From time to time we also have a DOS type message appearing which indicates an error with IRQ, then the PC turns itself off and reboots.

We run CHKDSK from the Safe Mode Command Prompt and we received the message “The type of the file system is NTFS.  The volume is in use by another process.”

When we run CHKDSK /F, we received the message “CHKDSK cannot run because the volume is in use by another process”.

Could you shed some light on this situation and suggest a solution??

thanks

• Yvonresplandy

See if the solution HERE can help with the "CHKDSK cannot run because the volume is in use by another process" issue.

Personally, I would either carry out a clean reinstall of Windows 7, or restore the Studio 540 back to it's factory settings

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• Bev

We run the CHKDSK as indicated in your previous message (when rebooting, before laoding Windows) and no error was found, so we finally re-installed Windows 7 from the original Dell upgrage disks.  and miracle, all our miseries seems to have disappeared.  The Dell Studio 540 now works like new!, the only issue was that we also had to re-installed all the various softwares we had.  Thank you for all your help