HELP!!!! Dell Optiplex GX270 HELP!!!!

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

HELP!!!! Dell Optiplex GX270 HELP!!!!

This question has suggested answer(s)

Alright, i got this Dell Optiplex GX270 off ebay, Dell Certified, and a month later the hard drive failed, so i got a new hard drive, and formatted the hard drive and everything, installed Widows XP, and i noticed that the sound wasn't working, so i went through troubleshooter after troubleshooter, and nothing workes then i decided to check the sound card because thats what it said on the troubleshooter, so anyways i do that, i check it, i make sure it's in firmly and it is, so i connect everything back to it and then it starts beeping and wont start up, but my CD and DVD drives are opening and sounds like they are reading disks but the computer wont actually boot up, i just got the hard drive a few days ago and now this happens, there is a amber looking light in the system when i opened it, and thats when im like "That can't be good." so i kept trying to start it up but it kept beeping and not working, the startup screen wont even come on, or to show that the thing is actually starting up. All this happend because i had to install updates, cuz i just installed windows XP SP2 and checked the sound board. but yet again i have this old 98 Dell dimension L800r without 1/4 a GB of ram, 18 GB Hard drive space and this thing is literally an iron dinosaur. It can't be killed. But can anyone help me? Please?

All Replies