Dell Inspiron Tower Beeping at Start-Up

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron Tower Beeping at Start-Up

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 (The large one) that has recently started having trouble. Whenever I try to turn it on, the tower begins beeping. I have been trying to look up what the seqence means, but I am not sure which one it is...the beeps sound like Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep, each beep solid and the whole series lasting about 2-3 seconds. I replaced the internal battery on the motherboard, and nothing seems loose...so I just don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

All Replies
  • That could be a memory problem.  First shot, reseat the memory modules (with the PC powered off, unplug each memory module, one at a time then reinstall making sure the module is fully seated).  If that doesn't help, remove all the memory modules except one and try and if still has a problem, try the other memory module.  If it's not memory. without the exact beep sequence (and any diagnostic light pattern) we can't really offer an "educated" guess.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Monoke

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 (The large one) that has recently started having trouble. Whenever I try to turn it on, the tower begins beeping. I have been trying to look up what the seqence means, but I am not sure which one it is...the beeps sound like Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep, each beep solid and the whole series lasting about 2-3 seconds. I replaced the internal battery on the motherboard, and nothing seems loose...so I just don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

Monoke

The Inspiron 530 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are HERE.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell