Dell Optiplex 755 keeps rebooting after reimaging Windows Server 2003?

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Optiplex 755 keeps rebooting after reimaging Windows Server 2003?

This question has suggested answer(s)

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 which I have loaded an Ghost Image of a Windows server 2003 PC on. The image is from a different machine with different hardware and I urgently need to get it to work with this PC as a backup.

It continuously reboots at the Windows Server 2003 load screen and gives a BSOD STOP code: 0x0000007B (0xF789EA94, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) when I disable automatic restart.

I can't load Safemode, it hangs on file acpitabl.dat and then reboots, therefore I cannot access device manager. I need to load the drivers before it restarts.

Alot of forums say I have to change the SATA operation mode to ATA and then reimage but I have tried every mode and still it reboots after reimaging. I am pretty sure the problem is with the harddrive/controller drivers, but I don't know how to load drivers on a system that reboots at the Windows Loading Splash screen.

Any idea how to fix this problem or is it possible to use a CD/USB with the drivers before it reboots? I was not provided the original windows CD or repair disc, please help!

(btw I have searched the forums and the only answer I get is change SATA operation mode to ATA/IDE and this did not work, how unlucky!)

Thanks.

All Replies
  • terms5

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 which I have loaded an Ghost Image of a Windows server 2003 PC on. The image is from a different machine with different hardware and I urgently need to get it to work with this PC as a backup.

It continuously reboots at the Windows Server 2003 load screen and gives a BSOD STOP code: 0x0000007B (0xF789EA94, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) when I disable automatic restart.

I can't load Safemode, it hangs on file acpitabl.dat and then reboots, therefore I cannot access device manager. I need to load the drivers before it restarts.

Alot of forums say I have to change the SATA operation mode to ATA and then reimage but I have tried every mode and still it reboots after reimaging. I am pretty sure the problem is with the harddrive/controller drivers, but I don't know how to load drivers on a system that reboots at the Windows Loading Splash screen.

Any idea how to fix this problem or is it possible to use a CD/USB with the drivers before it reboots? I was not provided the original windows CD or repair disc, please help!

(btw I have searched the forums and the only answer I get is change SATA operation mode to ATA/IDE and this did not work, how unlucky!)

Thanks.

Windows 2003 server is NOT supported on an Optiplex 755.

Nor is Ghost Imaging.

Your issue is a Known problem for Windows in General.

You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP ...

You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system disk to another computer

Although Microsoft does not support this method, you can import or merge the required registry entries, and copy the drivers beforehand to support all IDE controllers that are natively supported by Windows XP. Note that although this method might enable the relocated system disk to start successfully, other hardware differences can lead to other problems.

The Storage Drivers for 2003 server will be the XP Drivers for the 2003 server aka you can install clean 2003 server for the

755 and add the F6 chipset drivers for the 755.

Download

This error may occur if the registry entries and the drivers for the mass storage controller

hardware in the backup computer are not installed in Windows XP.

For integrated device electronics (IDE) controllers, there are several different chip sets available,

such as Intel, VIA, and Promise. Each chip set has a different Plug-n-Play identifier (PnP-ID).

The PnP-ID information of mass storage controllers for the backup computer must be in the registry before

startup so that Windows XP can initialize the correct drivers.

Intel Matrix Storage Manager   

Release Date:    11/30/2007
    Version:    7.6.1.1002, A10
    Download Type:    Driver   
    File Format:    Hard Drive
    File Size:    314 KB   

http://ftp.us.dell.com/SATA/R165147.EXE

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
    I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
    The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.