Broken Power Button On My Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop Home Computer

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Broken Power Button On My Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop Home Computer

This question is not answered

My power button came out of my computer and I was told that I needed the front assembly to fix the problem.  I ordered part # 0M686 front assembly and I asked them how do I reattach the button, but no one gave me a answer.  Can anyone help me out on the instructions?

spiderman13130

All Replies
  • Based on that part number, this appears to be what you ordered. It looks like it might have the power button built into it.

I don't see instructions in the manual for your system to replace this assembly, but the Small Mini Tower version of the  Optiplex GX260 is similar to your system and instructions for that one are here.  Your system doesn't have a chassis intrusion switch, so you won't find that cable or connector on yours.

Ron

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee

•  spiderman13130

The power switch and circuit board is one unit. Dell has not published a guide to remove the front bezel of the Dimension 4550, you can use this GUIDE, it's for an Optiplex GX50 Small Mini Tower, the procedures are the same.

i believe you will find the part # for the front control panel and on/off button, is Dell p/n 88RXM, not 0M686, this is for the front audio/USB panel.

Bev.

Edit.  Ron, you beat me with the post.  LOL.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• By TWO whole minutes!!!! 120 seconds. You feeling ok Bev?

Jeff Beer

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.              

• Jeff.

I know.   Surprise

Having a busy evening 'Multitasking', installing a new copy of windows on a rebuild desktop, while answering posts.  Big Smile   Drinks

Bev.  

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

• oh them idiots gave me the wrong piece.  i'll get it credited back on my account.

• spiderman13130

oh them idiots gave me the wrong piece.  i'll get it credited back on my account.

spiderman13130

It's a bummer when that happens, good luck.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• @Spidy... Hope they get your order straightened out and you get the right part to fix your system.

@Bev... You must be slipping, if I beat you by TWO whole minutes! Or maybe all that  Coffee put me into over-drive and I was just faster than normal, while you were your usual speedy self!   And thanks to Jeff for pointing it out. Saved me from tooting my own horn! 

Ron

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee

•  

I know, Ron, hanging my head in shame, at the thought. LOL

Maybe I need to have more of what you are having.  Idea

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• You can also find several P/N 88RXM on eBay.

• Thanks for your help.