Dell Inspiron 1545 audio driver

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron 1545 audio driver

This question is not answered

Hi

Just installed a new drive and went with XP Pro for my OS. Still have an explanation point on my “Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus”. I also get an error message every time shutting down about the IDT sys tray

Seems I may need  stacapi.dll

Any suggestions welcome and thanks in advance!

S

All Replies
  • This is the DESKTOP section, it would be best to post your laptop problem on the laptop section of the forum.

However, two items, before you post on the laptop section.

1. Did you install the Intel chipset drivers? and 2.  HERE are the XP drivers including the IDT driver.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Hi...

Thank you very much for your input.

Yes I have installed the chipset and also been to the page you suggested to download the driver. When I go to install it I get an error stating..."this is not the correct audio driver for the system.The installer will now exit

Thanks

• Repost on the Laptop section as I suggesed so those more familiar with Laptops can help you.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.