SOLVED : dell dimension 3000: startup problems!

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

SOLVED : dell dimension 3000: startup problems!

This question is answered

hi! i have been dealing with this problem for 2 years now, please help!

every time i boot my computer, it shows this screen for a few seconds:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8620/imgp0111b.jpg

and then it shows this :

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/638/imgp0113v.jpg

even if i let my computer runs for 24 hours, it will still be like that until i have to click on "F1" or "F2"! i know very little about computer hardware/software, etc, so i always click on "F1"... it really annoys me alot! please help me, if you can! thank you!

thanks for reading

Verified Answer
  • I think you need to change some settings in your BIOS.

• leamho

If you don't have diskette [Floppy] drive installed, you need to enter the System Setup [BIOS] and set the diskette drive to 'Off', plus if there is no second hard drive, or a second optical drive insttalled, turn those options off, also.

Details of the Dimension 3000 System Setup are HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• dear shesagordie: thank you very much for your help & advice!Big Smile also thank you for the link!Yes i just arrived home, no time to read it yet... but i will read it tonight!

i never thank you enough for all the help & time you have spent for me! i'm so touched![:')]

All Replies
  • i must add this: i reinstalled windows xp 2 days ago, but the same screens are still there! please help! thanks!

• I think you need to change some settings in your BIOS.

• thank you rdunnill! i'm so happy by your advice! please tell me how! what is a "bios" please? thanks!

• leamho

If you don't have diskette [Floppy] drive installed, you need to enter the System Setup [BIOS] and set the diskette drive to 'Off', plus if there is no second hard drive, or a second optical drive insttalled, turn those options off, also.

Details of the Dimension 3000 System Setup are HERE

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• dear shesagordie: thank you very much for your help & advice!Big Smile also thank you for the link!Yes i just arrived home, no time to read it yet... but i will read it tonight!

i never thank you enough for all the help & time you have spent for me! i'm so touched![:')]