Driver for Dell Multimedia Pro USB keyboard??? - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Driver for Dell Multimedia Pro USB keyboard???

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Driver for Dell Multimedia Pro USB keyboard???

This question is not answered

Hi Everyone!

I have an odd question.  I have a Dell Multimedia Pro USB keyboard (manuf # W875D Dell p/n 330-2486) that does not have all its functions working.  Mainly it is the volume control and multimedia controls.  Everything else works fine.  All of the dedicated keys above the F1-12 and the mute buttons work.  I have tried searching for a driver or anything but I can not seem to find anything.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you all in advance for the time and have a great evening!

Respectfully,

George D.

All Replies
  • I had a similar issue with my Dell Multimedia KB running WIndows 7 Professional 64bit on an XPS 435T/9000.

What I did to resolve it,

• Shutdown the PC.
    • Unplugged the power cord from the power supply.
    • Unplugged the keyboard from the USB port.
    • Plugged the power cord back into the power supply
    • Plugged the keyboard into a USB port.
    • Turned the system on.

All the multimedia keys including volume control worked again. If this doesn't work for you, try a different USB port. We would need to know your Dell model. Windows drivers work just fine with the keyboard.

Studio XPS 435T/9000 (His)
    Inspiron 1720 (Hers)
    Inspiron 530s (Server)

• Keith,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will try it as soon as I get home.  By the way it is a Dimension 8300 running XP SP3.  Thanks again for the time.

George D.

• FYI... my Dell Multimedia KB was the older model.

However, I just received the new Dell Multimedia Pro KB like you have and while my XPS 435T/9000 was up and running WIndows 7, I unplugged the older model and plugged in the new KB. I had no issues using all of the keys including the multimedia keys.

Studio XPS 435T/9000 (His)
    Inspiron 1720 (Hers)
    Inspiron 530s (Server)