dell insprion 351

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

dell insprion 351

This question is not answered

Trying to boot from cd rom to do a new install with dell cd will not load in cd rom. Changed cd in f2 to priority saved changes and exit system go to sata 0123 diskette drive o seek failure strike f1 to retry f2 for setup. f1 will restart windows but cant boot from cd rom?

All Replies
  • moedaddy44

I'll assume that you have a Inspiron 531, as there's no Inspiron 351 listed.

If you don't have a floppy drive installed, try entering the system setup and disable the ' Floppy A' [Diskette Drive] option and see if this makes a difference.

See if THIS can help with the Manual reinstall of Windows.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

•  

You’re correct, it is an Inspiron 531 I disable all drives except the cd rom still nothing.

• moedaddy44

Have you tried using the following:

With the computer powered on, insert a bootable CD/DVD into the CD or DVD drive.

Restart the computer.

Tap <F12> during the first few seconds.

Select the appropriate response to continue.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001

•  

Yes this is what I tried first but it did not work.

• moedaddy44

Then is possible that either the reinstallation disc, or the DVD/CD drive have issues.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

• Desk top working fine, cd rom drive not reading data replaced cd rom workimg great. Thank you!

• moedaddy44

Happy to hear the problem is resolved.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001